Sunday 31 May 2015

Yakushima



I made it to Yakushima this month. I actually wasn't really thinking of going there until a friend suggested going on a hike there. It was a place that looked nice on photos. Somewhere that maybe I'd visit one day. But we started planning and it turned out that it's pretty accessible and not that expensive to get to either. And the island is much bigger than I had imagined with many things to do and see.

What I liked about the island is that there are so many hikes you can go on. With high mountains and rivers and you are never far from the sea either. I imagine it could get a bit too crowded on the popular hikes during the holiday season but there are many others where you could stay away from it all.

My favourite part was of course wild swimming!

No comments: